In order for us to give advice to clients:
- We must gain as full a picture as possible of clients’ circumstances and their finances.
- Our record of this data is held in our computerised client files.
- Which we update each time that we review clients’ financial planning arrangements.
“GDPR” is European Union regulation applicable in the UK from 25th May, 2018. Under the terms of these regulations:
- We need clients’ written authority to store any sensitive personal data.
- We must protect all personal data that we hold on clients.
- We must act appropriately if our security is ever breached.
- We must allow client access to the personal data that we hold on them.
If we are giving advice on an ongoing basis, we will need clients’ written authority to make future contact with them for the purposes on carrying out the periodic reviews.
Fuller details are available in the page headed “Client Privacy Notice”.
The independent authority for data protection in the UK is the Information Commissioner:
- Postal address – Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF