We are Chartered Financial Planners offering individuals tax planning and investment advice:
Some examples of the services that we offer are as follows:
- We advise on extracting benefit from clients' past pension arrangements.
- We advise on bank and building society deposit accounts for clients.
- We advise on and arrange investments for clients.
- We advise on personal Income Tax, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax.
A fuller outline of our services is on the page headed “Scope of our investment advice”.
We are not ourselves investment fund managers, product providers or electronic trading platform operators. Neither are we under any obligation to promote the services of any particular investment fund manager, product provider or electronic trading platform operator.
Where we deal with such third parties on behalf of clients:
- We will always aim to obtain the best possible result for clients.
- We have a “best execution policy” document that you can see if you wish.
Where investments are arranged on behalf of clients:
- A timescale of at least five years should be envisaged.
- The past is never any guarantee of the future.
- Investment values will fluctuate in response to market movements and other factors
- The income produced from investments can also fluctuate in value.
- It will always be possible to get back less than was originally invested.
We will disclose any interest that we have in transactions that we undertake for clients.
- If a conflict of interest arises, we will resolve it to the clients’ satisfaction or withdraw.
- We have a “conflict of interest policy” document that you can see if you wish.
Our services are purely advisory:
- We do not seek discretionary control over clients’ finances.
- We do not hold clients’ money.
- All deposits and investments are registered in the name of the client.
- All ownership documents are forwarded to clients for their retention.
However, we must prevent our business from being used for any form of financial crime.
- We will therefore verify all clients’ identities before transacting on their behalf.
- To do this we will use electronic identity verification systems.
- Such checks will be recorded in clients’ “credit rating files”.
- However, such entries will not affect clients’ credit ratings.
We will normally communicate with you by letter, electronic mail or telephone:
- Personal meetings can also be arranged where appropriate.
- We only transact business with UK residents.